First Step Coding offers technical training for individuals and teams. Our courses focus on the introductory level, but we have partnerships with a select group of coding schools that offer advanced options. Through these partnerships, First Step Coding alumni can redeem up to $1,500 in tuition credits toward many of these programs.
We were founded by Andy Tiffany in San Francisco. Our core team is comprised of three individuals. We have all taken or taught our classes and continue to stay close to our customer and their experience, continually focusing on ways to make the First Step Coding experience better. We've been able to keep the core team so small by leveraging automation as much as possible to free up our time and continue growing the business and providing value to our customers.
Pictured Above: Company Event in San Francisco, July 2017 - Calli Rothberg, Kurt Mansperger and Andy Tiffany (left to right)
Over 120 students have graduated from our program. Not all of them go on to full-time bootcamps, but all of our students that applied to a full-time program have gotten into at least one of the programs they applied to. We were established in 2015 and officially became a C-Corp as of June 2017.
- Boston: 711 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02111
- New York City: 25 Broadway, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004
- San Francisco: 535 Mission Street 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Silicon Valley: 75 E Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA, 95113
- $2,000 per student for in-person introductory coding course (Alumni earn tuition credit up to $1,500 when they do an immersive program with partner bootcamps)
- $1,500 per student for live online introductory coding course (Alumni earn tuition credit up to $1,500 when they do an immersive program with partner bootcamps)
- Corporate training is customizable to your organization. Pricing is determined based on each organization's needs.
Our classes are capped at just 12 students, and we maintain a 5:1 or better ratio of students to teachers. Hands-on pair programming exercises make up the bulk of class time.
OUR Previous Press
Here are some previous articles that we have been highlighted in:
- Boston Voyager - June 26, 2017: Meet Andy Tiffany and Kurt Mansperger of First Step Coding
- “We noticed there was still a major gap between coding curiosity and the level of readiness required to drop everything and make a full-time investment into an immersive training program.” -Andy Tiffany
- freeCodeCamp - December 21, 2016 : P.R.E.P.
- “Even after programming for more than 12 years, this is still roughly the sequence I follow when I’m problem solving.” -Andy Tiffany
OUR NAME SPECIFICATIONS
- The name of our company is First Step Coding
- First letter of each word capitalized
- The rest of the letters in each word are lowercase
- One space between each word
- On our logo:
- All letters are lowercase
- No space between words
- “step” is the color code #36b3a8
- “first” and “coding” are either both black or both white
- Ex: firststepcoding
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
Calli Rothberg - Head of Marketing